All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are a trainee teacher or experienced practitioner new to research, or are simply wondering how to get started on your education research project, this practical book will be your guide. The authors offer simple steps to ensure that you ask the key questions in the most effective way possible. The book guides you through the entire research process: from clarifying the context and conceptual background, to presenting and analysing the evidence gathered. Supported by examples, checklists and diagrams, this fully revised and updated edition includes a wealth of information on: - research design - evidence gathering techniques - practitioner research - ethics - data analysis techniques. This book will be valuable to anyone newly embarking on a research or a professional or school development project, whatever stage they are at within the teaching community, from training for QTS, higher degree, or in need of evidence-backed decisions for the strategic development of their school.
- Author BiographyNeil Burton is Partnership Manager and Associate Tutor of education masters courses with the University of Leicester, having worked in teacher education for several universities for the past 20 years. He is a member of the editorial board of Education 3-13 and is a recent past Chair of the Association for the Study of Primary Education. In addition to working with several school-based initial teacher training providers, he also teaches children (6-18 years-old) in schools on a regular basis for the joy of it. Professor Mark Brundrett is Professor of Educational Research and Director of the Centre for Educational Research and Evaluation Services at Liverpool John Moores University (CERES).
- Author(s)Marion Jones,Mark Brundrett,Neil Burton
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight581 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.