All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past ten years, the North American mission field has experienced dramatic changes, which in turn have required congregations, middle judicatories, and deminations to adapt. Among these adaptations is an expectation for clear goals and quantified progress towards those goals. Church leaders who have never needed to measure their goals and progress with metrics may find this change daunting. The use of metrics-deminational and middle judicatory dashboards, and the tracking of congregational trends-has become an uncomfortable and misunderstood practice in this search for accountability. Doing the Math of Mission offers theory, models, and new tools for using metrics in ministry. This book also shows where metrics and accountability fit into the discernment, goal setting, and strategies of ministry. While there are resources for research on congregations, tools on congregational studies, and books on program evaluation, there is a gap when it comes to actual tools and resources for church leaders. This book is intended to help fill that gap, giving leaders a toolbox they can use in their own setting to clarify their purpose and guide their steps. Resource materials that leaders can use in their own setting are available. In order to obtain this material, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author BiographyGil Rendle serves as senior consultant with the Texas Methodist Foundation in Austin, Texas, and as an independent consultant working with denominational leaders on issues of change and leadership. Prior to this position he served the Alban Institute as an author, seminar leader, and senior consultant. He is the author of seven earlier books including Journey in the Wilderness: New Life for Mainline Churches and Back to Zero: The Search to Rediscover the Methodist Movement.
- Author(s)Gilbert R. Rendle
- PublisherAlban Institute, Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlban Institute, Inc
- Weight376 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.95
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.