All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcclaimed food historian and cookbook author Francine Segan takes home cooks on a virtual tour of Italy with more than 125 recipes for cookies, cakes, sweet breads, crostate, pastries and more. Time-tested recipes for beloved favourites such as canli, biscotti and olive oil cake are featured along with unusual regional specialties, such as Rosemary and Grape Focaccia, Licorice Granita and Hazelnut Chocolate Pasta. Segan has a gift for making each recipe come to life by sharing the stories of the countless cooks she learned them from: Italian grandmothers and hip, young foodies, famous pastry chefs and bakery owners, food writers and internationally rewned sweet manufacturers. This book includes the dessert recipes Italian food experts surveyed by Segan herself consider most essential, as well as modern inventions destined to become classics. Along with recipes, readers will find detailed sidebars on subjects as diverse and compelling as legendary pastry artisans, national and local candy-making festivals, highly specialized, ancient Carnival, Easter and Christmas desserts and wines, liquors and digestives to complement the host of sweet offerings. Quite simply, this is an unprecedented contribution to the eternally popular universe of Italian cookbooks.
- Author BiographyFrancine Segan is the author of four cookbooks, including The Opera Lover's Cookbook, which was a finalist for both James Beard and IACP Awards. She is Food and Home Editor for the online woman's magazine Bettyconfidential.com. Segan is also a regular contributor to the Tribune Media Syndiats, Food Arts, Gastronomica, Chocolatier and has appeared on hundreds of TV programs including the Today Show. She lectures across the country for the Smithsonian, the American Museum of Natural History and many others. Visit www.francinesegan.com.
- Author(s)Francine Segan
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Content Note70 colour photographs
- Weight1338 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.