All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDolls are one of the most popular subjects for collectors. A collection does t have to consist of antique dolls or ones of great value. Many collectors start by inheriting a doll or by buying one that happens to catch their eye. Dolls have a very long history and were produced in many countries. Not all were made as playthings, but many of those collected today were toys. A concise history of the doll industry over the last 300 years in Europe, the United States and the Far East. It shows how dolls have developed and will be a useful guide to all who enjoy dolls, whether they collect them or t. Typical examples of dolls from each area are illustrated, together with a number of rarities.
- Author BiographyCaroline Georgina Goodfellow is the retired Curator of Dolls and Toys at the Museum of Childhood, Bethnal Green, London. She has studied dolls for many years and is an establish international guest lecturer.
- Author(s)Caroline Goodfellow
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/10/1998
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Book S.
- Series Part/Volume Number368
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsSaddle-sewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.