All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEavan Boland's new collection turns to the domestic interiors in which the dramas of women's lives are played out: seductions and quarrels, anger and grief, the care of children. In her attentiveness to the humdrum realities of suburban life, Boland makes them lumius with the power of live myths. Looking back over her own life, back through the lives of the women who preceded her, Boland arrives at the deep structures of memory where, as she writes, legends are made new 't by saying them, but by unsettling / one layer of meaning from ather'. This is a collection from a poet at the height of her powers, writing with authority and grace.
- Author BiographyBorn in Dublin in 1944, Eavan Boland studied in Ireland, London and New York. Her first book was published in 1967. She is Melvin and Bill Lane Professor in the Humanities at Stanford University, California. Carcanet published her prose book Object Lessons (Poetry Book Society Special Commendation) in 1995. Her earlier work has been short-listed for the T.S. Eliot Poetry Prize, and she is the winner of numerous awards and prizes, including the Lannon Award, the Irish Literature Prize in Poetry, and three PBS Recommendations.
- PrizesShortlisted for Forward Poetry Prize: Best Collection 2007.
- Author(s)Eavan Boland
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.