All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe follow-up to the successful Domi Reaction in Organic Synthesis , this ready reference brings up to date on the original concept. The chapters have been arranged according to the name of well-kwn transformations of the first step and in combination with the formed products. Each chapter is written by an internationally rewned expert, and the book is edited by L. F. Tietze, who established the concept of domi reactions. The one-stop source for all synthetic chemists to improve the synthetic efficiency and allow an ecologically and ecomically beneficial preparation of every chemical compound.
- Author BiographyLutz F. Tietze studied chemistry at the universities of Freiburg and Kiel, Germany and obtained his doctorate under the supervision of Prof. B. Franck in 1968 in Kiel. He then worked as a research associate with Prof. G. Buchi at MIT, Cambridge, USA, as well as with Prof. A. Battersby in Cambridge, UK. Since 1978 he has been Professor and Head of the Institute of Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry at the Georg-August-University in Gottingen. His research focuses on the development of efficient and selective synthetic methods, combinatorial chemistry, the total synthesis of natural products and the design of new selective anticancer agents. Professor Tietze has received many prizes, including the award for his book on Reactions and Syntheses by the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie, the Grignard-Wittig Prize of the Societe Francaise de Chimie, the Prix Charles Mentzer of the Societe de Chimie Therapeutique France and the highly prestigious Emil Fischer Medal of the German Chemical Society. He was speaker of a Sonderforschungsbereich (Collaborative Research Centre), member of the DFG Fachkollegium and obtained several guest professorships. Moreover, he is chairman of the German Zentralverband der Chemie (Steering Committee of the German Chemical Societies), is member of a center of excellence and has been awarded in 2012 with the position of a Distinguished Research Professor. He has over 460 papers, 34 patents and four books to his name.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication22/01/2014
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1536 g
- Width175 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byLutz F. Tietze
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.