All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionDonald Sultan rose to prominence in the electrified atmosphere of New Yorks downtown art renaissance of the 1980s. At a time when the use of graffiti, crockery and post-modern figuration was filling gallery walls, Sultans simple icography and complex technique provided a thought-provoking and elegant respite. Today, Sultan remains fascinated by fruits and vegetables, but has expanded his visual repertoire to include Chinese hanging lamps, plum branches and other talismans of traditional Asian art, transformed, lacquered and highly distinctive. Donald Sultan is the first book to provide comprehensive attention to the artists distinguished thirty-year career. In 1987, Sultan told Barbara Rose that his mission as an artist was to haul painting into the 21st century. Now, nearly a decade into the century, it is a perfect moment to review his progress. Through the years, Sultan has become a master printmaker as well as a painter and draftsman, and the book contains examples of each medium organized by subject matter, offering fascinating comparisons of the impact of method on image.
- PublisherVendome Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/11/2008
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVendome Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date24/10/2012
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight2970 g
- Width287 mm
- Height363 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.