All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith heart-wrenching honesty, Donald's Story chronicles the last days and years of one family's drama through the hell which is Alzheimer's dementia. This story will make you cry, make you laugh, and make you think. It's a must read for anyone who will ever get old -- particularly for anyone who may one day be a caregiver, an AD patient, or a supportive family member of the same. The suffering wreaked from terminal dementia is a saga which is becoming all too familiar. As the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S., Alzheimer's and related dementing illnesses are epidemic. How do you survive this disease which robs you of your very self? How do you survive watching someone you love slip away? Complete with AD Survival Tips , Donald's Story is t just a memoir. It is also a planning tool and a survival guide for dementia families, providing a roadmap through the tangled darkness. Still, despite the subject matter, this memoir is t wholly dark. How could it be when it is first and foremost a love story? Loving deeply and forever may render us vulnerable to pain, but therein lies the meaning of life. When all is said and done, Donald's Story is most purely a reminder of just how precious life is.
- Author(s)Gina Moreno Wilson J.D.
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.67Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.