All listings for this product
About this product
- Description... excellent fable...laced with humor, charm, and a bit of the Golden Rule. The second volume in a fresh horse fantasy series, tells the entertaining story of three horse brothers and their friend Donkey who are excitedly creating homemade kites for kite flying day at Horse Meadow Park. Cheery, expressive horse and donkey figures in color who learn more about being good friends together and looking out for each other. --MBR: Children's Bookwatch **** In the enchanted land of Horse Valley it is a perfect day to go kite flying! Horse brothers Jack, Max, Lax, and their friend Donkey decide to get creative by putting together their own homemade kites. However, Donkey's kite doesn't turn out very good. No matter how hard he tries to get it to fly, it just keeps tumbling to the ground. How will poor Donkey get his kite to fly? Well, a friendly goose named Gusty is delighted to help him out. In this Horse Valley Adventure, Donkey learns t to give up when all seems hopeless. They all learn a lesson about helping others and true friendship.
- Author BiographyMy name is Liana-Melissa Allen and I'm an author, pianist, and cartoonist. Since childhood I've always had a passion for reading, writing, drawing, music, playing the piano...and horses. I feel most comfortable with a pen and notebook in hand, or a favorite book. I credit my love of reading to my dad, who read aloud to me every day while growing up, making the characters come alive by using different voices and antics. This wonderful experience definitely kept me reading. Most of my books are written with cartoons or drawings, perhaps because of those fun visual images my mind concocted during the read aloud moments with my dad. Teachers and wise parents have discovered that reading aloud to kids encourages them to become lifelong readers, and that cartoons or drawings within a story can get kids into this vital habit of reading. Playing the piano is also an essential and creative part of my life, classical and jazz being favorites. Home is in Southern California with my dad and two playful lutino budgies.
- Author(s)Liana-Melissa Allen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Liana-Melissa Allen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.