All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDon't Do It If You Can't Keep It Up follows on from the highly successful Erotic Wit and, in common with its predecessor, it is a compilation of the most entertaining one-liners - and also more considered opinions - uttered by the famous and n-famous alike on the subject of sex.Through the ages, a significant proportion of art and culture (ranging from one end of the spectrum to the other) has, t surprisingly, been heavily influenced by sex - given the ubiquitous fascination with the subject and its propensity to generate money!In this second collection of quotations the author has included words of wisdom from an extremely wide range of sources, with names such as Bob Monkhouse, George Burns, Ken Dodd, D.H. Lawrence, Winston Churchill, Germaine Greer, Woody Allen, Joan Rivers, Bette Davis, Marilyn Munroe, Jeanette Winterson, Friedrich Nietzsche, Alex Comfort, Ben Elton, Sigmund Freud and many, many others, contributing to this highly amusing anthology about a universally popular subject!'Every time I try to make my marriage more exciting, my wife finds out about it right away.' - Bob Monkhouse.'While we have sex in the mind, we truly have ne in the body.' - D.H. Lawrence.' Of course I believe in safe sex - I've got a handrail around the bed.' - Ken Dodd.In bed my wife sprawls out all over the mattress. I said, 'I'm tired of only having two inches in this bed.' She said, 'Now you kw how I feel.' - Peter Sasso.
- Author BiographyThe compiler, Gerd de Ley, is a Flemish actor and author who has published more than 300 books of aphorisms, quotations and proverbs from all over the world. Most of his books have been published in Holland and Belgium in the Dutch language, but in recent years he has collaborated with David Potter, his English colleague and co-translator - which has resulted in an ever-increasing number of publications in the English language for markets such as the United Kingdom, United States, India - as well as China and Vietnam.
- Author(s)Gerd de Ley
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/02/2008
- SubjectSex & Sexuality
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/08/2009
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Translated byDavid Potter
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.