All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of Like No Other, the vel Entertainment Weekly calls One of the most poignant and star-crossed love stories since The Fault in Our Stars : What if the last hope to save your family is the person who broke it up to begin with? Fans of John Green, Rainbow Rowell, and Sharon Flake will find much to love in [ Don't Fail Me Now ]. -- School Library Journal Michelle and her little siblings Cass and Denny are African-American and living on the poverty line in urban Baltimore, struggling to keep it together with their mom in jail and only Michelle s part-time job at the Taco Bell to sustain them. Leah and her stepbrother Tim are white and middle class from suburban Maryland, with few worries beyond winning lacrosse games and getting college applications in on time. Michelle and Leah only have one thing in common Buck Devereaux, the biological father who abandoned them when they were little. After news trickles back to them that Buck is dying, they make the uneasy decision to drive across country to his hospice in California. Leah hopes for closure; Michelle just wants to give him a piece of her mind. Five people in a failing, old station wagon, living off free samples at food courts across America, and the most pressing question on Michelle s mind is: Who will break down first--herself or the car? All the signs tell her they won t make it. But Michelle has heard that her whole life, and it s never stopped her before.... Una LaMarche triumphs once again with this rare and compassionate look at how racial and social privilegeaffects one family in crisis in both subtle and astonishing ways. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyUna LaMarcheis a writer and journalist whose work has appeared regularly in the New York Observer and on the Huffington Post. She is the author of Five Summers, Like No Other and Unabrow, a collection of humorous essays based on some of her more questionable life choices. Una lives in Brooklyn with her husband and son. Find out more at unalamarche.com or follow her on Twitter @sassycurmudgeon From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Una Lamarche
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight367 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.