All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by her own granddaughter Natalie, Vice President Joe Biden s wife, Jill, tells a story through a child s eyes of what family life is like when a parent is at war across the world. When her father leaves for a year of being at war, Natalie kws that she will miss him. Natalie is proud of her father, but there is thing to stop her from wishing he was home. Some things do help her feel better. Natalie works with her Nana to send her dad and the other service men and women cookies and treats they have made. Natalie, her mom, and her brother can see and talk to Dad over the computer, and the kindness of friends at school and at church help her feel supported and loved. But there is thing like the day when her Dad comes home at last.
- Author BiographyJill Biden plays many roles: mother, grandmother, lifelong educator, and an active member of her community. As Second Lady she has worked to bring attention to the sacrifices made by military families. She teaches full time at a community college in Virginia. Raul Colon has illustrated several highly acclaimed picture books including the New York Times bestselling Angela and the Baby Jesus by Frank McCourt and Susanna Reich's Jose! Born to Dance. Mr. Colon lived in Puerto Rico as a young boy and now resides in New City, New York, with his family.
- Author(s)Jill Biden
- PublisherSimon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width259 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Raul Colon
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.