All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionFantastic strategies for getting high school students excited about writing This book offers 50 creative writing lesson plans from the imaginative and highly acclaimed 826 National writing labs. Created as a resource to reach all students (even those most resistant to creative writing), the off-beat and attention-grabbing lessons include such gems as Literary Facebooks, where students create a mock Facebook profile based on their favorite literary character, as well as highly practical lessons like the College Application Essay Boot Camp. These writing lessons are written by experts and favorite velists, actors, and other entertainers pitched in too. * Road-tested lessons from a stellar national writing lab * Inventive and unique lessons that will appeal to even the most difficult-to-reach students * Includes a chart linking lessons to the Common Core State Standards 826 National is an organization committed to supporting teachers, publishing student work, and offering services for English language learners.
- Author Biography826 National (San Francisco, CA) is a nonprofit tutoring, writing, and publishing organization founded in 2002 by author Dave Eggers and educator Ninive Calegari. 826 assists students ages 5 to 18 with their writing skills, and helps teachers get students excited about writing. With centers in S.F., Ann Arbor, NYC, Chicago, L.A., Seattle, Boston, and DC, 826 provides free drop-in tutoring, class field trips, writing workshops, and in-schools programs.
- Author(s)826 National
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width218 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJennifer Traig
- Foreword byDave Eggers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.