All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter surviving a less-than-ideal start as a hotshot editor in the competitive magazine industry, Nina Morey has picked herself up, shaken herself off and is back, ready to do deals with the devil in her job as editor of Juice, one of Australia's hottest weekly celebrity gossip magazines. In the cut-throat world of weekly trash mags, Nina thrives on the adrenalin of out-bidding her rivals for scandalous photo sets, scoring exclusive rights to Australia's A-list weddings and having the most influential celebrity managers on speed-dial. But in her personal life, things aren't quite as glossy. Just as she's back on the single scene, all her friends start getting up the duff faster than you can say, 'Welcome to Nappy Valley'. While Nina spends her days managing her magazine's multi-million-dollar budget and stalking Kim Kardashian's every move, they're managing their minuscule maternity leave allowance and stalking their local daycare waiting list. Suddenly she feels like she's being rejected from a club she doesn't even want to join. With a reality TV show in the works and a Facebook feed overflowing with endless baby updates, Nina heads to New York on an impromptu girls' trip to get away from it all - but little does she kw that things are about to get a whole lot more complicated...
- Author BiographyGemma Crisp developed her love of books and magazines while growing up on a sheep farm in the middle of Tasmania in the prehistoric days before the internet. It wasn't until she'd hit the bright lights of London some years later that she realised she could get paid to write about mascara, threesomes and celebrities (not necessarily in that order!). After acing her first magazine internship, thanks to being a photocopying and coffee-fetching ninja, Gemma moved to Sydney and has spent the last 12 years working for some of Australia's glossiest magazines, including New Woman, Girlfriend, OK!, Cosmopolitan Bride and NW. She popped her editorship cherry at teen bible DOLLY and until December 2012, was the editor of the iconic title, CLEO, where she spent her days fending off wannabe Eligible Bachelors, wrangling celebrity publicists, attempting to craft the perfect coverline and trying not to buy more shoes.
- Author(s)Gemma Crisp
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.