All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionCommemorating the 10th anniversary of the Boston Red Sox' unprecedented championship run in the fall of 2004, this guide takes fans behind the scenes and inside the dugout, bullpen, and clubhouse to reveal to baseball fans how it happened, as it happened. The book highlights how, during a span of just 76 hours, the Red Sox won four do-or-die games against their arch-rivals, the New York Yankees, to qualify for the World Series and complete the greatest comeback in baseball history. Then the Red Sox steamrolled through the World Series, sweeping the St. Louis Cardinals in four games, capturing their first championship since 1918. 'Don't Let Us Win Tonight' is brimming with revealing quotes from Boston's front office personnel, coaches, medical staff, and players, including Kevin Millar talking about his infectious optimism and the team's pregame ritual of drinking whiskey, Dave Roberts revealing how he prepared to steal the most famous base of his career, and Dr. William Morgan describing the radical surgery he performed on Curt Schilling's right ankle. The ultimate keepsake for any Red Sox fan, this is the 2004 team in their own words.
- Author BiographyAllan Wood is the author of Babe Ruth and the 1918 Red Sox and also writes the popular blog Joy of Sox. He lives in Mississauga, Ontario. Bill Nowlin is the author of 17 Red Sox-related books, including Amazing Tales from the Boston Red Sox Dugout, Blood Feud, and Boston Red Sox IQ. In 2004 he was elected vice president of the Society for American Baseball Research. He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Kevin Millar is a former Red Sox first baseman and member of the 2004 World Championship team.
- Author(s)Allan Wood,Bill Nowlin
- PublisherTriumph Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Foreword byKevin Millar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.