All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionFor players tired of losing or barely eking out a living, the authors' confront conventional (losing) wisdom in how the game is viewed and evaluated, by correcting the fifty worst pieces of poker advice. What if everything you thought you knew about poker turned out to be wrong? If you've been wondering why you aren't making a profit at poker, it may be because much of the advice in today's mainstream poker theory is incorrect. The authors take apart the fifty greatest fallacies in poker, many of which represent the pillars of the game, revealing the fallacies that cost you big money. The underlying fault in each misconception is thoroughly explained, and corrected, with numerous real-life poker hands that demonstrate each concept. Schmidt also takes you with him to the poker table as he plays twenty-five pivotal hands, and then gives you a self-quiz to test your progress in understanding the book's groundbreaking poker concepts. The authors held each of the fifty pieces of advice to two standards: First, does this advice get in the way of players being profitable; and second, can we prove it? Get ready for a book that will revolutionize your game and, bottom line, make you money!
- Author BiographyDusty Schmidt's resume is legendary: Nearly 10 million hands, 12,000 hours of playing poker, mind-blowing win rates. $4 million won in cash games, and the world's highest win rate in both $5/$10 NL and $10/$20 NL two years running. Schmidt was a top-ranked golfer and broke two of Tiger Woods' junior records. He was also the leading money winner on the Golden States Tour when, at age 23, he suffered a career-ending heart attack. His story has been featured in Sports Illustrated, Golf Magazine, ESPN, cnn.com, wallstreetjournal.com, forbes.com, and many others. Paul Hoppe is the author of Way of the Poker Warrior and a poker professional and coach. He has made more than fifty instructional videos on winning at poker and is a popular strategy-forum poster.
- Author(s)Christopher Hoppe,Dusty Schmidt
- PublisherCardoza Publishing
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCardoza Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight376 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.