All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn assassin enacts revenge in a country melting in napalm ooze and madness. Frank Morgan, a young college grad raised on Army discipline, started his military career as a Phoenix Program assassin in Vietnam with thing but faith, confidence, and belief in his country. In 1969, he boards the Freedom Bird and takes a seat next to a grizzled grunt. This is Morgan's first hint of what may be coming his way--and what he, as a soldier, may become. Throughout his tour, Morgan struggles with his belief in his missions, though he pushes on and does his job. With less than a month to go before he heads home, Morgan leads a squad of South Vietnamese special forces in a massacre and mistakenly kills a beautiful incent woman, Liem, in an old French plantation outside C?n Tho. The death of Liem haunts him and distracts him so that he barely survives an attempt on his own life--which he later learns was ordered by his CIA chief, a swashbuckling cowboy named Comer. This betrayal launches Morgan's metamorphosis into an avenging assassin. Don't Mean Nuthin' reveals a war-torn Vietnam through a Conradian journey by a man who seeks a higher moral ground and then struggles to redeem himself in a sea of carnage and despair. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyRon Lealos graduated from Western Washington University and studied fiction under Tom Spanbauer for several years as part of the Dangerous Writing group in Portland, Oregon. In his nonwriting life, he has developed, manufactured, and marketed a rapid home test for the detection of HIV antibodies. He is also the author of Pashtun. He resides in Vancouver, Washington.
- Author(s)Ron Lealos
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.