All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionA crisis can begin with the telephone ringing, the earth rumbling, or a freight-train sound pushing against the wall of your home. It might start with someone whispering, We have to talk, or your doctor s eyes slipping away from yours as you enter the examination room to get test results. However they begin, crises can prompt questions about mortality, God, purpose, commitment and truth that can set our heads spinning and our footsteps on rocky and unsettling paths. We might doubt all that we ve kwn to be true, including who we are and what our place in the world is. But in this immensely comforting book, Maureen Pratt award-winning playwright, journalist, patient advocate, and author of the syndicated column Living Well offers antidotes to panic and despair. Using science, personal experiences and inspiration from the lives of others, Pratt asserts that the times that try men s souls can, in fact, strengthen us. Memories of surviving them can give us greater courage. And most importantly, they enable us to witness how the Spirit works matter what might be falling apart around us. For anyone dealing with out-of-control events, this book will be a welcome guide to nurturing the internal resources given us directly by the creator among them creativity, adaptability, foresight and compassion that enable us to be stable when we are shaken and safe when we are bruised. We do t need to take on the cloak of victim. We do t have to crumble under the weight of adversity. We don t need to panic. But we could all use a bit more strength and courage. Don t Panic! is a companion for anyone who needs help discovering the spiritual strength and heroic qualities within themselves.
- Author BiographyMaureen Pratt is an award-winning playwright, journalist and author, as well as a sought-after speaker and patient advocate. Her syndicated column, Living Well, is distributed through Catholic News Service. Maureen's popular blog, Good Days...Bad Days with Maureen Pratt appears on Beliefnet.com. A graduate of Georgetown University, Maureen speaks French and Spanish. She holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in theater arts from theUniversity of California Los Angeles School of Theater, Film and Television. Previous books include Beyond Pain: Job, Jesus, and Joy and Peace in the Storm: Meditations on Chronic Pain and Illness.
- Author(s)Maureen Pratt
- PublisherFranciscan Media
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFranciscan Media
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.