Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching is a complex profession, made more complex by many of the myths about teaching told by teachers themselves. This lively new book by veteran teacher educator Peggy Deal Redman identifies eight of the most powerful and longstanding myths about classroom teaching, and explains the classroom realities too often hidden by the myths. Explore the real truth about such myths as Good teachers are born, t made ; Good teachers don't make mistakes ; Teaching is a dead end job ; They can't learn, they belong to special education, and more. Each chapter explores the reality behind the myth against the backdrop of today's professional learning communities, where teachers and teacher leaders kw that every child can learn and that every teacher is a lifelong learner who grows through caring, collaboration, and reflection. All chapters include classroom stories, reflective questions, how-to tips and strategies, and inspirational quotations. In the words of Peggy Redman, Smile as early on and as often as you can to build a healthy classroom climate.
- Author BiographyPeggy Deal Redman is director of teacher education and professor of education at the University of La Verne in La Verne, CA.
- Author(s)Margaret Deal Redman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/02/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date07/05/2016
- Content Noteport.
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byPeggy Deal Redman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.