Don't Spend a Dime: The Path to Low-Cost Computing by James Floyd Kelly (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStop paying for software. A world full of high-quality software is out there that you don't have to spend a dime for. If you've just spent your entire computing budget on a PC only to find that you need software to do anything interesting, this is the book that will show you how to get what you need without wreaking havoc on your finances. Install the right software to make a great work computer for extra cost. Packed with the practical, hands-on guidance and technical kw-how that you've come to expect from Apress, Don't Spend A Dime: The Path to Low-Cost Computing takes you on a tour of the very best zero-cost software in each of the many categories that matter to the typical PC user. Learn to edit photos on the Internet without having to install any software at all. Find out where to get a free office suite for word processing and spreadsheet work. Whatever your need, James Kelly, best-selling techlogy author, guides you through the exciting and often confusing world of zero-cost computing. This book * Tells you what you need to install to have a fantastic work computer without spending a dime * Saves you money by showing you how to meet your computing needs * Saves you time by pointing you directly to the best free software * Saves you work by illustrating the most commonly performed tasks with each zero-cost software * Gives you choices and the ability to make your own decisions for your own needs and requirements Before you go buy that $400.00 office suite-or worse, before you borrow it from work-stop! Let this book show you how to save hundreds of dollars in expensive software. Learn all about the free tools that the digerati use to make their lives better, and stop paying out the se for software. Don't spend a dime!
- Author BiographyJames Floyd Kelly is a professional writer from Atlanta, Georgia. He has written numerous books on multiple subjects, including LEGO robotics, open source software, and building your own CNC machine as well as a 3D printer. He is the editor-in-chief of the number one MINDSTORMS NXT blog, The NXT Step (TheNXTStep.com), where he is joined by fellow NXT experts who share their knowledge and designs with other robot fans around the world.
- Author(s)James Floyd Kelly
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight663 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.