All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionUp the downy dunes, across the dark, wide river and up and down the steep, steep mountain, Penda lovingly carries a bowl of milk to her father in the grasslands. But will she manage to get it there without spilling a single drop? Authentic setting drawn from the author's own experience, this is a wonderfully fun introduction for small children to a completely different culture.
- Author BiographyStephen Davies lives with his wife and two baby daughters amongst Fulani herders in West Africa, but regularly spends several months of the year in the UK. He speaks Fulfulde, accompanies cattle-drives, and has been involved in the set-up of a Fulfulde radio station. He also writes for the Guardian Weekly (Letters from Burkina Faso) and occasionally for the Sunday Times. Christopher Corr was born in London and studied at The Royal College of Art. He has worked on numerous commissions including a Royal Mail millennium stamp about the UN Peace-keeping Force in Bosnia. He has also painted posters and cards and other materials for London Transport, National Aids Trust, Body Shop, Habitat and Ikea, UNICEF, Kensington & Chelsea Healthcare Authority, and Waterstones. His round the world travels provide the inspiration for his work.
- Author(s)Christopher Corr,Stephen Davies
- PublisherAndersen Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndersen Press Ltd
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (colour)
- Weight215 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Interest AgeTo 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.