Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.26Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by book-a-brac
- Est. delivery by 19 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJeremy Clarkson kws there's more to life than cars. There is, after all, a whole world out there just waiting to be discovered. So, before he gets on with the job in hand, he'd like to take some time out to consider the bigger picture. Don't worry, he'll get on to the car bit eventually, but before he does, there's time to learn about: the unfortunate collapse of the British Empire; why Galapagos tortoises are all mental; France, reduced to the size of a small coconut; why Jeremy Paxman and the bass guitarist of AC/DC aren't so very different; the problems of being English; and, God's most stupid creation. And then there's the cars: whether it's the poxiest little runabout or an exotic, fire-breathing supercar, one else writes about cars like Jeremy. Unmoved by official claims and uninterested in press junkets, he approaches anything on four wheels without fear or favour. What emerges from the ashes is t always pretty. But it is, invariably, very, very funny.
- Author BiographyJeremy Clarkson began his writing career on the Rotherham Advertiser. Since then he has written for the Sun, the Sunday Times, the Rochdale Observer, the Wolverhampton Express and Star, all of the Associated Kent Newspapers, and Lincolnshire Life. Today he is the tallest person working in British television.
- PrizesShortlisted for British Book Awards: Play.com Popular Non-fiction Award 2008.
- Author(s)Jeremy Clarkson
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael Joseph Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/10/2008
- Weight900 g
- Width158 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementOpen market ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.