All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA good train wreck is fun to watch-at a distance. For Olivia Walker there was thing fun about it and she was driving. It was a winding track of misery that included abusive relationships, prescription drug and alcohol abuse, incorrect psychiatric diagsis' and the struggles of surviving as a woman in a world designed for men. This is an honest and brutal account of how she used substances rather than strength and faith to escape bad relationships and career choices. Olivia's descent into addiction was excruciatingly slow at its onset in her thirties. The signs weren't glaring until the end, but by then, it was almost too late. There was a lot for her to lose but even more left to save. She was a typical professional woman, like your sister, friend, mother or yourself. This woman made it out of her created hell on her own terms and followed few traditional recovery rules. Twelve Steps don't work for everyone, certainly t her. This story is living proof that addiction is t a fatal disease. It is a creation of the mind that can be destroyed.
- Author BiographyI was born and raised in Georgia but I have been lucky enough to reside in Charleston, South Carolina for the last 18 years. Such a historical and quirky city has been an endless source of inspiration for my writing and my historical training. My day job is in aerospace, but I've been writing off and on for a decade. I have recently decided to become serious about the venture. The transcription of the diaries of a Civil War soldier turned into my first novel, Diary of a Ghost. I have completed a memoir that is a story about a different kind of a spirit that is all too real. Two other fiction novels are completed and should be published by the end the year.
- Author(s)Olivia Walker
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.