All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe true story, drawn from official documents and hours of personal interviews, of how Newfoundland and Labrador joined Confederation and became Canada's tenth province in 1949. A rich cast of characters--hailing from Britain, America, Canada and Newfoundland--battle it out for the prize of the resource-rich, financially solvent, militarily strategic island. The twists and turns are as dramatic as any spy vel and extremely surprising, since the 'official' version of Newfoundland history has held for over fifty years almost without question.
- Author BiographyGREG MALONE, with Tommy Sexton, began what became CODCO, a satirical comedy show that ran for 63 episodes on CBC TV and included Cathy Jones, Mary Walsh and Andy Jones. As a political activist, Malone participated in the campaign that stopped the privatization of Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro. Malone has championed other environmental causes, including fighting the importation of garbage to Newfoundland. After the death of Tommy Sexton, Malone devoted some years of his life to raise awareness of the impediment prejudice can be to the health care of persons infected with HIV or living with AIDS. He is the author of the acclaimed memoir, You Better Watch Out, and is currently a director and actor who lives in St. John's.
- Author(s)Greg Malone
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.