All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionToday's society looks askance at the upcoming leaders, members of Generation Y. And yet this new generation may be the first in many to turn its back on racism and divisiveness, underhandedness and deceit, and turn its face back to the Christianity once so deeply revered. Why does the older generation hold such negative views of its offspring? Is it that the old rules of bias and cronyism are longer accepted or respected by the young? Don't Throw This Baby Out With the Bathwater is a moving and astute commentary on our future leaders, parents, and educators, and author Lori Sheets has provided us with a viewpoint that must be seriously considered...and then accepted. Like those days when the baby was the last in the family to use the bath, thereby creating fear that it would be lost in the filth and tossed out, thus does the author worry that the older generation--replete with entitlement and narcissism, false prophets and misguided beliefs in Jesus and Christianity--lose sight of Generation Y and its infinite possibilities to lead, forge, and interpret the teachings of Christ as they were intended. A moving and important book that merges Biblical passages with the wise observations of one woman who sees great hope for our future...if only we allow it to happen.
- Author BiographyLori Sheets is a 2005 graduate of McKendree University in Lebanon, Illinois. Today, she is a high school substitute teacher in her hometown of Carlyle, Illinois and teaches a course titled Peculiar People, a weekly Bible study group geared toward members of Generation Y. Sheets is a member of Way of Life Church in Carlyle and is married to Keith Sheets. She is the mother of five children (all members of Generation Y) and grandmother of two boys.
- Author(s)Lori Ann Sheets
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.