All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn unforgettable love story of a mother and her disabled son. NIHAL - a boy born to silence. His mother - convinced, in the teeth of all advice, that he can communicate and live a rich life. A powerful, funny and deeply moving account of their struggles and triumphs. Starting with a difficult conception and a terrifying delivery with unsympathetic midwives on hand, Nihal's mother says 'her backbone lost its steel' when the doctor predicts that this gurgling, farting, smiling baby would t grow up to walk, talk, read or write. When Nihal's mother discovers he has a sensitive and intelligent personality trapped inside his body, she does everything in her power to set it free but mostly comes up against brick walls. Even in schools where the teachers should have kwn better! A rollercoaster of loss, grief, joy, Nihal's wicked sense of humour and the indomitable human spirit.
- Author(s)Rahila Gupta
- PublisherPlaydead Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPlaydead Press
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.