All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to Israel, US. policy has, for some time, emphasised the unbreakable bond between the two countries and our iron clad commitment to Israel's security. Today our ties to Israel are close - so close that when there are differences, they tend to make the news. But it was t always this way. Dennis Ross has been a direct participant in shaping US. policy toward the Middle East, and Israel specifically, for nearly thirty years. He served in senior roles, including as Bill Clinton's envoy for Arab-Israeli peace, and was an active player in the debates over how Israel fit into the region and what should guide our policies. In Doomed to Succeed, he takes us through every administration from Truman's to Obama's, throwing into dramatic relief each president's attitude toward Israel and the region, the often tumultuous debates between key advisers, and the events that drove the policies and at times led to a shift in approach. Ross points out how distancing the United States from Israel in the Eisenhower, Nixon, first Bush, and Obama administrations never yielded any benefits and explains why that lesson has never been learned. Doomed to Succeed offers competing advice about how the priorities of Arab leaders can be understood and how future administrations might best shape US. policy in that light.
- Author BiographyDennis Ross is a counselor and the William Davidson Distinguished Fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. He is also a Distinguished Professor in the Practice of Diplomacy at Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service. He was the director of policy planning in the State Department under George H. W. Bush, was Bill Clinton's Middle East peace envoy, and served as a special assistant to President Barack Obama.
- Author(s)Dennis Ross
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication14/10/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.