All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in the South, during the 1940s, an African-American girl with white skin was destined to live with secrets, shame and intolerance from her family as well as the black and white community. She grew up feeling unworthy and desperate to belong. When her three-year-old son wondered why she was white and the rest of the family black, she struggled with an answer. At age 50, divorced and discouraged, she knew she had to make a change, a dramatic one, and she did what few have the courage to do. She joined the Peace Corps and traveled throughout Asia and the Middle East for seven years, an opportunity chockfull of rich experiences and personal growth. To her amazement, she discovered she fit in everywhere. Through deeply moving stories imbued with humor and grace, Pat Holland Conner will transport you to exotic parts of the world where acceptance of others transformed her life spiritually, emotionally and mentally from fear and alienation to self-acceptance and approval.
- Author BiographyPat Holland Conner, a licensed family therapist and substance abuse counselor, lives in Reno, Nevada surrounded by the beautiful Sierra Mountains among her many close friends and loved ones. She is the owner and primary consultant of Peaceful Path Consulting, established to promote local education, self-growth and awareness events. Pat teaches self-esteem classes and has worked successfully as a counselor, trainer and educator in the USA, Asia and the Middle East. Today, she spends her time swimming, writing, traveling, networking, attending writing conferences and personal retreats.
- Author(s)Pat Holland Conner
- PublisherLucky Bat Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLucky Bat Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.