All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDopants and Defects in Semiconductors covers the theory, experimentation, and identification of impurities, dopants, and intrinsic defects in semiconductors. The book fills a crucial gap between solid-state physics and more specialized course texts. The authors first present introductory concepts, including basic semiconductor theory, defect classifications, crystal growth, and doping. They then explain electrical, vibrational, optical, and thermal properties. Moving on to characterization approaches, the text concludes with chapters on the measurement of electrical properties, optical spectroscopy, particle-beam methods, and microscopy. By treating dopants and defects in semiconductors as a unified subject, this book helps define the field and prepares students for work in technologically important areas. It provides students with a solid foundation in both experimental methods and the theory of defects in semiconductors.
- Author BiographyMatthew D. McCluskey is a professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy and Materials Science Program at Washington State University. He earned a Ph.D. in physics from the University of California, Berkeley. His research interests include defects in semiconductors, materials under high pressure, shock compression of semiconductors, and vibrational spectroscopy. Eugene E. Haller is a professor in the Graduate School at the University of California, Berkeley. He is a member of the National Academy of Engineering and earned a Ph.D. in solid state and applied physics from the University of Basel. His research areas include far-infrared detectors, isotopically controlled semiconductors, semiconductor nanocrystals, and semiconductor growth, characterization, and processing.
- Author(s)Eugene E. Haller,Matthew D. McCluskey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note244 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.