All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoppler Applications in LEO Satellite Communication Systems develops and presents an important class of techniques useful in the construction of little Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite communication systems. It centers on the very significant Doppler shift that attends communications through a LEO satellite and shows how this phemen can be exploited for an unexpected benefit. The techniques taught in the book are expected to be particularly attractive to system engineers because ground-based transceivers must generally compensate for the large Doppler component and therefore the necessary receiver processing loops are often already in place and expensed. This volume starts with a recounting of the characteristics of a LEO satellite and its orbit. The 2nd chapter addresses the LEO orbital geometry and reviews the Doppler effect attending LEO communications. Chapter three is focused on the important task of estimating the Doppler at a ground terminal. Appropriate signal processing algorithms are reviewed. Chapter four is concerned with predicting LEO satellite visibility. Chapters five and six are, respectively, devoted to the use of the significant LEO Doppler as an aid in a new traffic flow control protocol and as an aid for effecting communications power control. The last chapter describes MATLAB(R) based analysis. Doppler Applications in LEO Satellite Communication Systems provides a thorough review of the LEO Doppler phemen.
- Author(s)Irfan Ali,John E. Hershey,Naofal Al-Dhahir,Pierino G. Bonanni
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number656
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight207 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.