All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSomeone has said that when you have thing left but God, you realize that God is eugh. God had stood beside me when one else wanted me. He was t going to abandon me w. God would have to heal the emotional pain that throbbed through my body. As a child, Dorie was rejected by her mother, sent to live in an orphanage where she was regularly beaten by the orphanage director, was beaten time and again by cruel foster parents, and was daily told that she was ugly and unlovable. Dorie never knew love until a group of college students visited the orphanage and told her that God loved her. As she accepted that love, her life began to change.Dorie is a thrilling true account of what God's love can do in a life. Doris Van Stone takes readers through the hard years of her childhood into her fascinating years as a missionary with her husband to the Dani tribe in New Guinea. With the rise of illegitimate births, the increase in divorce statistics, and the frightening escalation of child abuse, this story stands as a reminder that God's love, forgiveness, and grace are greater than human hurt and sorrow.More than 170,000 in print.
- Author BiographyDORIS VAN STONE is a graduate of St. Paul Bible Institute. She works with Precept Ministries of Chattanooga, Tennessee, and travels widely in a ministry of testimony, Bible teaching, and counseling. She is co-author of Dorie: The Girl Nobody Loved and No Place To Cry: The Hurt and Healing of Sexual Abuse with Erwin Lutzer. Doris resides in Chattanooga, Tennessee. DR. ERWIN LUTZER has served as senior pastor of the Moody Church in Chicago for over 30 years. A renowned theologian, Dr. Lutzer earned his BTh from Winnipeg Bible College, a ThM from Dallas Theological Seminary, a MA in philosophy from Loyola University, and an honorary LL.D. from the Simon Greenleaf School of Law. He is an award-winning author and the featured speaker on three radio programs that can be heard on more than 700 radio stations in the United States and around the world. Dr. Lutzer and his wife, Rebecca, live in the Chicago area and have three grown children and eight grandchildren.
- Author(s)Doris Van Stone,Erwin Lutzer
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/1995
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.