All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe popularity of Dos Camis - a restaurant featuring authentic Mexican food, prepared to order - cant be overstated. It's always filled to capacity and has recently grown from one location in New York City to six and soon seven outlets, including restaurants in Miami and Las Vegas. In executive chef Ivy Stark's 20 years of travel throughout the different regions of Mexico and the varied strata of people who occupy this beautiful landscape, she embraced the wide variety of food available from street vendors. These snacks and meals are an integral part of the Mexican diet as well as an integral part of the Mexican culture. The recipes here include: Queso Frito Tacos (tacos made with a shell of crisp fried cheese like a frico), Elote de la Calle (roasted corn with mayo, chile, cheese and lime), Plantain Empanadas with Coconut Arroz con Leche, and Chocolate Ancho Flan.
- Author BiographyIvy Stark is the Executive Chef at Dos Caminos. There she offers diners a wealth of experience gained at some of the country's top restaurants, as well as such acclaimed dining destinations as the New York fine dining institution The Sign of the Dove and the cutting edge market driven cuisine of Cena. A graduate of Peter Kump's (now the Insitute for Culinary Education), she worked in various top restaurants including the award-winningBorder Grill, Cena, Ciudad, Match Upston, Zocala, Rosa Mexicana, and Amalia. She is ranked among New York's top chefs. She lives in New York City. Joanna Pruess is an award-winning author, who writes extensively on food for publications including The New York Times Sunday Magazine, The Washington Post, Food Arts, Saveur, Food & Wine and the Associated Press syndicate. She is well-known in the specialty food business as a consultant, as well as a regular contributor to NASFT's Specialty Food Magazine and as a speaker at many shows. She has developed recipes for clients including Bella Cucina Artful Food, Bigelow Tea, Stonewall Kitchen, Sarabeth's Kitchen, More Than Gourmet, Dufour Pastry Kitchens, and Vanns Spices. Her most recent cookbooks are The Cast Iron Cookbook and Mod Mex. She is married to restaurant critic Bob Lape and they reside in the Bronx, New York.
- Author(s)Ivy Stark
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1005 g
- Width215 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.