All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $48.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionFifteen-year-old Alyx Atlas was raised as a boy, but she kws something others don't: she's a girl. Born intersex, Alyx has always questioned her gender identity and struggled to fit in. But it's after her dad dies--and after she sustains a terrible beating from her classmates--that she decides she can't live as a boy any longer. She and her mother move from California to Wisconsin to start a new life, and Alyx begins again, this time as a girl. Alyx quickly earns a spot on the girls' varsity basketball team, and for the first time in her life she feels like she fits in. But as the team racks up one victory after ather and the state championships approach, a jealous teammate sets her sights on Alyx. Hotheaded and fiercely competitive, Pepper Pitmani is sure Alyx is keeping a secret, which Pepper is determined to reveal. If she succeeds, the truth could destroy Alyx's one shot--t just to take home the trophy with her team but to live as her true self. Honest, raw, and uplifting, Double Exposure is for every teen who's longed to be seen, struggled to find the courage to be different, or dared to face adversity head-on. Sky Pony Press, with our Good Books, Racehorse and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of books for young readers--picture books for small children, chapter books, books for middle grade readers, and vels for young adults. Our list includes bestsellers for children who love to play Minecraft; stories told with LEGO bricks; books that teach lessons about tolerance, patience, and the environment, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyBridget Birdsall is an author, artist, educator, and inspirational speaker. She earned her MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College and now teaches creative, contemplative, and business writing skills throughout the Midwest. She lives in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Bridget Birdsall
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight328 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Reading AgeFrom 6
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.