All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will be focused on the modeling and control of the DFIM based wind turbines. In the first part of the book, the mathematical description of different basic dynamic models of the DFIM will be carried out. It will be accompanied by a detailed steady-state analysis of the machine. After that, a more sophisticated model of the machine that considers grid disturbances, such as voltage dips and unbalances will be also studied. The second part of the book surveys the most relevant control strategies used for the DFIM when it operates at the wind energy generation application. The control techniques studied, range from standard solutions used by wind turbine manufacturers, to the last developments oriented to improve the behavior of high power wind turbines, as well as control and hardware based solutions to address different faulty scenarios of the grid. In addition, the standalone DFIM generation system will be also analyzed.
- Author BiographyGONZALO ABAD, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Electronics Department at the Mondragon University, where he teaches modeling, control, and power electronics. JESUS LOPEZ, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department of the Public University of Navarra, where he teaches subjects related to the electrical drives and the processing of electrical power in wind turbines. MIGUEL RODRIGUEZ, PhD, is the Power Electronics Systems Manager at Ingeteam Technology, responsible for developing new power electronics for transmission and distribution grid applications. LUIS MARROYO, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department of the Public University of Navarra, where he teaches courses on electrical machines and power electronics. GRZEGORZ IWANSKI, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Institute of Control and Industrial Electronics at the Warsaw University of Technology, where he teaches courses on power electronics drives and conversion systems.
- Author(s)Gonzalo Abad,Grzegorz Iwanski,Jesus Lopez,Luis Marroyo,Miguel Rodriguez
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Power Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1024 g
- Width158 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.