All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this passionate and heartfelt book Richard Holloway interrogates the traditional ways of understanding the Bible. He liberates the power of the great Christian stories from their sometimes antiquated settings, and reveals the essence of Jesus' teachings. In doing so, he shows that the challenge of Jesus remains revolutionary, humane and of immense contemporary importance. Doubts and Loves is a radical but accessible work of scholarship - a blueprint for a new kind of faith, which offers spiritual hope to millions across the world who feel that the Church has lost its way.
- Author Biography'One of the most extraordinary churchmen of our time' Sunday TimesRichard Holloway was Bishop of Edinburgh and Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church until he stood down in 2000. He was a Gresham Professor of Divinity in the City of London and 1997 to 2001 and a member of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority from 1990 to 1997. He is the author of over thirty books, including a bestselling memoir Leaving Alexandria.
- Author(s)Richard Holloway
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2005
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight197 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.