All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only book on Dovegate TC Contains first-hand insider accounts by staff and inmates Describes the latest developments in TC work Provides extensive data and references A closely observed account of the UK's first private sector prison-based Therapeutic Community (TC) - a 200-bed facility. The book considers: the background to and regimes at Dovegate; modern developments in TC work with (often high-risk) offenders; the differences between Dovegate, Grendon and other UK prison-based TCs; private and public sector imperatives; democratic and hierarchical TCs; reparative, restorative and punitive approaches; accreditation, group work, assessment, suitability and de-selection TC-culture versus prison culture the role of positive attitudes, relationships and experiences; psychology, psychiatry, psychotherapy, security and control; how TCs alter behaviour and prevent crime.
- Author BiographyDr Eric Cullen, a forensic psychologist, was lead consultant to the successful private sector contractor for Dovegate TC. He formerly worked at Grendon and Springhill Prisons. Dr Judith Mackenzie is the TC Consultant, supervisor, trainer and psychodynamic lead for Dovegate TC. She is qualified in general medicine as well as highly experienced and holding qualifications in key aspects of psychology, psychiatry, psychotherapy and medical management.
- Author(s)Eric Cullen,Judith Mackenzie
- PublisherWaterside Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWinchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWaterside Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.