All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionCounty Down, where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea, has a rich heritage of myths and legends which is uniquely captured in this collection of tales by local storyteller Steve Lally. Discover the trails were the outlaw Redmond O'Halon was said to once roam, the road where you might come across the Ghost Girl of Ballymullan, and the cliffs from which a young girl called Maggie once made a desperate and death-defying leap. Along with the tales of the changeling of Glascar, the Giant of Lisburn and the visit old Auld Nick once paid to an old woman in Downpatrick. These stores, illustrated with twenty-five line drawings, bring alive the counties dramatic landscape and is sure to appeal to both residents and tourists alike.
- Author Biography<b>Steve Lally</b> is an artist, storyteller, and is currently the Northern Ireland representative for Storytellers of Ireland.
- Author(s)Steve Lally
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight227 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.