All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile Downriver contains the English urban pastoral and hymns to the Northern deities for which Sean O'Brien is justly celebrated, the poet has always been more a singer than even his many admirers have sometimes conceded: here, that lyric te is sounded more openly than ever before. With Downriver, his fifth collection, O'Brien has produced his most various and mature work yet. This is a poetry of both delicacy and gravity, assuagement as well as agitation, rivers that start in hell but later fall as rain -- and will only strengthen his reputation as one of the most gifted English poets at work today.
- Author BiographyPoetry critic for the Sunday Times, Sean O'Brien is also a well-known broadcaster. His criticism ranges from contemporary artists to fiction to poetry. He is the editor of the magazine The Devil and lives in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- PrizesWinner of Forward Poetry Prize 2001. Shortlisted for T S Eliot Prize 2001.
- Author(s)Sean O'Brien
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/04/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight110 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Age18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.