All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionCapture the Magic of the Sea with Claudia Nice Nobody captures the misty splashes and weathered details of seascapes quite like Claudia Nice. In this step-by-step guide, Claudia shares her special approach to creating dynamic watercolor compositions textured with pen and ink, acrylics and gouache. Claudia starts with the basics, so you can advance at your own pace as you follow along through more than 60 step-by-step demonstrations ranging from short mini demos to full-scale paintings. Take a look inside to see how simple and inspiring Claudia's instruction can be. Each chapter focuses on a different element of coastal scenery, including crashing waves against rocky bluffs, wide sandy beaches and gently rolling surf, colorful boats and harbors, lumius ocean sunsets, and warm tropical scenes with kids and dogs at play. You'll find complete instructions for mixing the colors of active and still water, as well as creating the textures of sand and rock. Claudia also features her own reference photos and field studies to show you how to build solid compositions from a variety of sources. Dozens of quick tips teach you the details that add drama and realism to your seascapes, and 30 complete paintings will inspire you to create your own beautiful coastal scenes. With Claudia Nice, learning to paint lively seascapes is like spending a day at the beach!
- Author BiographyClaudia Nice is the author of ten successful North Light books. Well-known by both fine artists and decorative painters, her friendly voice and clear instruction reaches many artists. Her latest North Light book is Creating Textured Landscapes with Pen, Ink and Watercolor (2008).
- Author(s)Claudia Nice
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Light Books
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.