Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionBob Dylan stands out with Elvis Presley and The Beatles in a triumvirate of popular-music artists of unparalleled achievements, influence and public fascination. He changed popular music in the 1960s, and helped define that decade with songs Blowin' in the Wind and Like a Rolling Stone . Yet he resisted those who attempted to define him. An artist of indomitable energy and single-mindedness, he went on to create new work - on albums such as Blood on the Tracks and Time Out of Mind - which rivals his past glory. He has outlasted all his contemporaries, selling more than 56 million records over 40 years. In 2001, the year of his 60th birthday, Bob Dylan is as relevant to a young audience as to those who grew up with his music. This work celebrates the grandeur of Dylan's artistic achievement and reveals the complete life story of the reclusive, mercurial and eccentric man who has been an enigma for so long. This biography is based on a mountain of research conducted over three years, including interviews with more than 250 people in Dylan's life - lovers, friends, relatives, former employees and music stars. Many interviewees are key people who have t spoken before. Author Howard Sounes takes the reader to the heart of Dylan's life and work.
- Author BiographyHoward Sounes is the author of Charles Bukowski: Locked in the Arms of a Crazy Life (1999) and of Fred & Rose(1995), the bestselling account of the lives and crimes of Fred and Rosemary West which enabled him to leave his job as a journalist with the Mirror to become a full-time writer.
- Author(s)Howard Sounes
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2002
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Out-of-print date29/05/2012
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour ) portraits
- Weight418 g
- Width129 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.