All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI was pulled into simple living before I knew what it was. It crept up on me using the smallest of steps and didn't reveal its true beauty and real power until I was totally hooked. I was searching for a way to live well while spending very little money. What I found was a way of life that also gave me independence, opportunity and freedom. Rhonda Hetzel gently encourages readers to find the pleasure and meaning in a simpler life, sharing all the practical information she has gathered on her own journey. Whether you want to learn how to grow tomatoes, bake bread, make your own soap and preserve fruit, or just be inspired to slow down and live more sustainably, Down to Earth will be your guide.
- Author BiographyRhonda Hetzel is a retired journalist and technical writer best known for her award-winning blog, 'Down to Earth'. Rhonda lives with her husband, Hanno, on the Sunshine Coast, where they happily tend a food garden, gather eggs and occasionally look after grandchildren. Rhonda is a keen volunteer worker and is often found presenting simple-living workshops in her community. She won the Green Lifestyle magazine's Local Green Hero Award in 2014. Rhonda is the author of bestseller Down to Earth (2012) and Penguin Special, The Simple Life (2014). Down to Earth blog
- Author(s)Rhonda Hetzel
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintViking Australia
- Weight1034 g
- Width185 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Most relevant reviews
- jan20326 Jun, 2016by
Great suggestions for changing your lifestyle and very relevant for today's conditions where all the previous certainties can no longer be relied. How to live within your means no matter what that is and really enjoy it.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- ruby*and*olive06 Nov, 2012by
A great book if you are looking at simplifying your life at a great price
This is a great book for anyone that is looking at a more simple life. I purchased this book after borrowing from my local library, as I wanted to be able to reference certain aspects of the book for later use. It is in clear chapters and also has sections on how to live simply for each age and aspect of your life. I have already applied some of the ideas for this book into my life, menu planning, vegetable gardening, keeping chickens etc. I like that it isn't forceful in saying this is HOW you should be doing things, but a gentle guide that you take all or some and adapt them to your life. It has been written by an Australian, so it fits in with our climate, lifestyle etc. The only disappointment with this book is there is no index at the back, so I found it difficult to find something that I had read but couldn't remember where it was on the book (although the contents page is very in depth).Read full review
- technos-phobos10 Dec, 2012by
Putting the Heart BACK into the Home.
I LOVE this book. I love the photos and the way the whole book feels like it is written from the heart. It is inspiring and helpful and feels like the kind of book you wish a loving Grandma had written just for you! I bought this book because it presents the simple life I am desiring in a way that is achievable at one's own pace. Some books are just too complicated with methods that are not simple at all. I especially like that it was written by a lady who lives in my region of Australia, because many books like this written by southern located writers don't always serve in our sub-tropical climate. I am thinking of buying a copy for my daughter next birthday.
- jurgensen252705 Oct, 2012by
a beautiful book
really helpful hints that i am puting to use. beautiful photos through out. it was nice to read about the simple things that Rhonda and her husband have done to improve there lifestyle. all so simple that everyone can do it without to much hassle. the book is beautifully set out and the photos are lovely. would reccommend it to other people to read and put a few things into practice.
- petal_30510 Apr, 2013by
Rhonda is passionate about living a simple lifestyle. Her popular blog has now become a beautifully written and presented book. This is not a book that will be read once and then left on the shelf. It is a "go to" reference book for recipes, gardening and simple living. If you are looking to be inspired and encouraged in changing to a more "down to earth" lifestyle, you will love it!
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67