All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first book of the series, readers are introduced to a lovable little alligator named Dozi. Living in a swamp in central Florida, Dozi observes wondrous colorful lights over a distant amusement park. Eventually, the curiosity of the little alligator gets the best of him and he heads off to discover the strange and fascinating new world of humans. While hiding inside one of Orlando's popular theme parks, Dozi makes the decision to stow away in the unsuspecting Hoxwinder family's minivan after the family has finished visiting the park. During the long over-night drive home from Florida, Dozi befriends young Byron Hoxwinder in the very back of the vehicle. The family arrives home without anybody but 9-year old Byron Hoxwinder realizing they have brought a young alligator home with them.
- Author BiographyA graduate of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Daniel Boris is an accomplished visual artist with more than 20 years of experience in design, illustration, and animation. Daniel is also a syndicated cartoonist, and his comic strip Hoxwinder Hall is seen in newspapers across the United States and Canada through Funnies Extra! newspapers. In 2010, Hoxwinder Hall was chosen as a top 5 finalist by a distinguished panel of judges and the voting public in the Washington Post's America's Next Great Cartoonist contest. His artwork currently appears in numerous books and publications, including the 2013 Eisner and Harvey award-nominated book, Team Cul de Sac: Cartoonists Draw the Line at Parkinson's by Andrews McMeel Publishing. He currently resides in Leesburg, VA, where he lives with his wife, two children, and a mutt named Stetson. Nicola Sammarco is an artist and studied animation at the Nemo NT Accademy for Digital Arts in Florence, and is also a comic artist, illustrator and 2D animator. Nicola currently works for The Walt Disney Company Italy as layout artist and lives in Taranto, Puglia, Italy.
- Author(s)Daniel Boris
- PublisherHeritage Builders
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDozi the Alligator
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeritage Builders
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight285 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nicola Sammarco
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.