All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the mid-eighteenth century, Swiss-born mathematician Leonhard Euler developed a formula so invative and complex that it continues to inspire research, discussion, and even the occasional limerick. Dr. Euler's Fabulous Formula shares the fascinating story of this groundbreaking formula--long regarded as the gold standard for mathematical beauty--and shows why it still lies at the heart of complex number theory. In some ways a sequel to Nahin's An Imaginary Tale, this book examines the many applications of complex numbers alongside intriguing stories from the history of mathematics. Dr. Euler's Fabulous Formula is accessible to any reader familiar with calculus and differential equations, and promises to inspire mathematicians for years to come.
- Author BiographyPaul J. Nahin is the author of many best-selling popular math books, including An Imaginary Tale , Digital Dice , Chases and Escapes , When Least Is Best , Duelling Idiots and Other Probability Puzzlers , and Mrs. Perkins's Electric Quilt (all Princeton). He is professor emeritus of electrical engineering at the University of New Hampshire.
- PrizesWinner of New York Book Show Award 2012.
- Author(s)Paul J. Nahin
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePrinceton Science Library
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note2 halftones. 77 line illus.
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.