Dr Henry Lee's Forensic Files: Five Famous Cases, Scott Peterson, Elizabeth Smart and More... by Jerry Labriola, Henry C. Lee (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr Henry C. Lee is considered by many to be the greatest forensic scientist in the world. His vast investigative experience (over 6,000 cases!) and participation in many high-profile trials have earned him t only the highest respect from the law enforcement community but also widespread public recognition. Here Dr. Lee once again gives avid fans of true crime an intimate glimpse into the real world of crime investigation, combining his unparalleled expertise with a clear and lively narrative. Beginning with the infamous Scott Peterson trial, Dr. Lee vividly recounts his investigation of the case, by focusing on the crucial issue of physical evidence. As a criminalist who examined the remains of both Laci Peterson and Conner, he brings a distinctive perspective and unique voice to the case, and weighs in on the verdict. Next, Dr. Lee considers the much-publicised abduction of Elizabeth Smart from her family's Salt Lake City home. After a fruitless ten-month search, Elizabeth was found alive in a Salt Lake City suburb with Brian Mitchell and his wife, both of whom appeared to be mentally unstable. Dr Lee - who investigated this compelling case - demonstrates the importance of physical evidence in reconstructing this crime. He also describes the role of brainwashing and outlines distinct similarities with the Patty Hearst case. In the final three chapters, Dr Lee examines the case of a velist accused of murdering his wife - who had also been the suspected link to a similar death in Germany - where a woman also fatally fell down a flight of stairs; the murder of a man's wife in which both the husband and her lover are considered suspects (with an outcome that is guaranteed to shock!); and the killing of a witness of an accused arsonist shortly before his trial, with a stunning conclusion that derived from Dr Lee's intriguing investigative work. In each case, Dr Lee presents - in addition to an engrossing narrative - the scientific details of how law enforcement investigated the crime, using the most recent advances in modern forensic tools. This is a fascinating insider's look by a world-rewned expert into the pursuit of justice in some of the most sensational and intriguing criminal cases of recent times.
- Author BiographyDr. Henry C. Lee (Branford, CT), professor of forensic science at the University of New Haven and chief emeritus in the Department of Public Safety in Meriden, CT, is a distinguished fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. He is the author (with Jerry Labriola, M.D.) of The Budapest Connection and (with Thomas W. O'Neil) Cracking Cases and Cracking More Cases, among other works. Dr. Lee was formerly on Court TV's Trace Evidence (now TruTV). He has also been a special news analyst on TruTV and a frequent guest on Larry King Live, Fox TV shows, and numerous other national television programs.
Jerry Labriola, M.D. (Naugatuck, CT), is the coauthor with Dr. Lee of Famous Crimes Revisited and is the author of five mystery novels, including the recently released The Maltese Murders and the critically acclaimed Murders at Hollings General. A pediatrician for over thirty years and also a Connecticut state senator, he now lectures extensively on true crime and forensic science issues, while writing both fiction and nonfiction.
- Author(s)Henry C. Lee,Jerry Labriola
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication02/05/2006
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Content Noteb/w & colour photos
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.21New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.