All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionGilbert writes so well that you half-suspect he could give up the day job. The Independent. This dramatic version of Robert Louis Stevenson's vel, 'The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde', brings out the full horror of the original story as well as being a compelling play in its own right. Stevenson's narrative has been adapted so that six actors can perform it. This is the only stage version which is genuinely faithful to the text, using Stevenson's words where appropriate, as well as his chapter headings. It would be ideal for students to perform in small groups, particularly if they find the original text difficult to understand. There are comprehension questions and creative tasks to answer on every scene so that students can check their understanding and develop their own personal responses.
- Author BiographyFrancis Gilbert has taught for over twenty years in various state schools, but has also worked at certain points as a journalist, novelist and social commentator. He is the author of 'I'm A Teacher, Get Me Out Of Here!', 'Yob Nation', 'Parent Power', 'Working The System', and 'The Last Day Of Term'. In his role as an English teacher and lecturer, he has taught many texts over the years and has devoted a great deal of time to making resources on them. He has written study guides on Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice', Charlotte Bronte's 'Jane Eyre', Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein', and Robert Louis Stevenson's 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'. Recently, he has published 'Star-crossed: Romeo and Juliet For Teenagers' and 'Songs of Innocence and Experience: A Study Guide', both available in paperback and for Kindle on Amazon. He has appeared numerous times on radio and TV and is known for his robust defence of his ideas. He currently teaches part-time in a comprehensive in outer London and is completing a PhD in Creative Writing and Education at Goldsmiths College, London. He is the co-founder, with Melissa Benn and Fiona Millar, of The Local Schools Network (www.localschoolsnetwork.org.uk), a blog that celebrates non-selective state schools, and also has his own website, www.francisgilbert.co.uk.
- Author(s)Jonathan Francis Gilbert,MR Francis Jonathan Gilbert Ma,MR Robert Louis Stevenson,Robert Louis Stevenson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.