All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is set in the final, numbered, days of an orphanage in the Warsaw ghetto in 1942. Based on real events, this 'Brechtian' retelling generates an almost unbearable power and pathos through the simple humanity, warts and all, of the central characters who are trapped both by the inexorable forces of Nazi oppression and by our fore-kwledge of the fate that awaits them. The play's 'alienation' device of depicting its characters through the use of dolls, further enhances our painful feeling of powerlessness. Yet, in spite of its tragic outcome, Dr Korczak's Example , like the real life of its protagonist, leaves us exhilarated and uplifted by the indomitable power of love.
- Author(s)David Greig
- PublisherStorm Petrel Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationEdinburugh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCapercaillie Books Limited
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.