All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Tom and Debra Shinder have become synymous with Microsoft's flagship firewall product ISA Server, as a result of Tom's prominent role as a member of the beta development team, and Tom and Deb's featured placement on both Microsoft's ISA Server Web site and ISAserver.org. Tom and Deb's book on the first release of the product Configuring ISA Server 2000 dominated the ISA Server 2000 book market having sold over 40,000 copies worldwide, and the ISA Server community is eagerly awaiting Tom and Deb's book on ISA Server 2004, which is the dramatically upgraded new release from Microsoft. Dr. Tom and Debra Shinder have become synymous with Microsoft's flagship firewall product ISA Server, as a result of Tom's prominent role as a member of the beta development team, and Tom and Deb's featured placement on both Microsoft's ISA Server Web site and ISAserver.org. Tom and Deb's book on the first release of the product Configuring ISA Server 2000 dominated the ISA Server 2000 book market having sold over 40,000 copies worldwide, and the ISA Server community is eagerly awaiting Tom and Deb's book on ISA Server 2004, which is the dramatically upgraded new release from Microsoft. This book will be featured prominently on the ISAserver.org home page as well as referenced on Microsoft TechNet and ISA Server Web pages. Tom and Deb's unparalleled technical expertise combined with prime on-line marketing opportunities will make this the #1 book again in the ISA Server market.
- Author BiographyDebra Littlejohn Shinder is a technology consultant, trainer and writer who has authored a number of books on computer operating systems, networking, and client and server security over the last fourteen years. These include Scene of the Cybercrime: Computer Forensics Handbook, published by Syngress, and Computer Networking Essentials, published by Cisco Press. She is co-author, with her husband, Dr. Thomas Shinder, of the best-selling Configuring ISA Server 2000, Configuring ISA Server 2004, and ISA Server and Beyond. Deb has been a tech editor, developmental editor and contributor on over 20 additional books on networking and security subjects, as well as study guides for Microsoft's MCSE exams, CompTIA's Security+ exam and TruSecure's ICSA certification. She formerly edited the Element K Inside Windows Server Security journal. She authored a weekly column for TechRepublic's Windows blog, called Microsoft Insights and a monthly column on Cybercrime, and is a regular contributor to their Security blog, Smart Phones blog and other TR blogs. She is the lead author on Windowsecurity.com and ISAServer.org, and her articles have appeared in print magazines such as Windows IT Pro (formerly Windows & .NET) Magazine. She has authored training material, corporate whitepapers, marketing material, webinars and product documentation for Microsoft Corporation, Intel, Hewlett-Packard, DigitalThink, GFI Software, Sunbelt Software, CNET and other technology companies. Deb specializes in security issues, cybercrime/computer forensics and Microsoft server products; she has been awarded Microsoft's Most Valuable Professional (MVP) status in Enterprise Security for eight years in a row. A former police officer and police academy instructor, she has taught many courses at Eastfield College in Mesquite, TX and sits on the board of the Criminal Justice Training Center there. She is a fourth generation Texan and lives and works in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Dr. Tom Shinder is a 17 year veteran of the IT industry. Prior to entering IT, Dr. Tom graduated from the University of Illinois College of Medicine with a Doctor of Medicine and was a practicing neurologist with special interests in epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. Dr. Tom began his career in IT as a consultant, and has worked with many large companies, including Fina Oil, Microsoft, IBM, HP, Dell and many others. He started his writing career toward the end of the 1990s and has published over 30 books on Windows, Windows Networking, Windows Security and ISA Server/TMG, UAG and Microsoft DirectAccess. For over a decade, ISA Server and TMG were Tom's passions, and he ran the popular web site www.isaserver.org, in addition to writing 8 books on ISA/TMG. Tom joined Microsoft in December of 2009 as a member of the UAG DirectAccess team and started the popular Edge Man blog that covered UAG DirectAccess. He is currently a Principal Knowledge Engineer in the Server and Cloud Division Information Experience Group Solution's Team and his primary focus now is private cloud - with special interests in private cloud infrastructure and security.
- Author(s)Debra Littlejohn Shinder,Thomas W. Shinder
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/09/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1600 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.