All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn this valuable presentation, Dr. Tony Attwood conducts unrehearsed interviews with Brett, a delightful young boy with Asperger's. Tony then interviews Brett's parents, giving the viewer an in-depth perspective of the entire assessment process. Tony talks viewers through the diagsis, explaining and pointing out the various manifestations of Asperger's, such as sensory issues, speech/ motor difficulties, special interests, and social skills challenges. He also addresses the special gender-specific and age-specific challenges that girls and adults face. The DVD and booklet also offer screening questionnaires and a guide of valuable resources. Parents and professionals will never forget this exceptionally candid portrait of Asperger's Syndrome.
- Author BiographyA clinical psychologist from Brisbane, Australia, Dr. Tony Attwood has over thirty years of experience with individuals with autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). He has worked with several thousand individuals, from infants to octogenarians, from profoundly disabled persons to university professors. Dr. Attwood works in private practice in Brisbane, but is also adjunct professor at Griffith University, Queensland. He presents workshops and training courses for parents, professionals, and individuals with autism all over the world. In addition, he is a prolific author of scientific papers and books. His books and videos on Asperger's Syndrome and high-functioning autism are recognized as the best offerings in the field. Over 300,000 of his book Asperger's Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals have been sold, and it has been translated into twenty languages.
- Author(s)Tony Attwood
- PublisherFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/07/2005
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Width133 mm
- Height191 mm
- Format DetailsPAL
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.