All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.34Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionDracula FAQ unearths little-kwn facts about both the historical and literary Dracula. The 15th-century warlord Vlad III, kwn as Vlad the Impaler and Dracula (son of the Dragon), became a legendary figure in his native Wallachia. Four hundred years later, Irish author Bram Stoker appropriated Dracula's name for a vampire vel he spent seven years researching and writing. Considered one of the great classics of Gothic literature, Dracula went on to inspire numerous stage plays, musicals, movies, and TV adaptations-with actors as diverse as Bela Lugosi, John Carradine, Christopher Lee, Jack Palance, Frank Langella, Louis Jourdan, Gary Oldman, and Gerard Butler taking on the role of the vampire king. And with Dracula proving the popularity of vampires, other bloodsuckers rose from their graves to terrify book, movie, and TV audiences-from Barnabas Collins of Dark Shadows to The Night Stalker to the vampires of True Blood on the small screen, and Interview with the Vampire and Twilight on the big screen. More recently, Dracula has been resurrected for a TV series starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers and a feature film starring Luke Evans. Dracula FAQ covers all of these and more, including the amazing stories of real-life vampires!
- Author BiographyBRUCE SCIVALLY (Chicago) is the author of several books on film history, including James Bond: The Legacy, Superman on Film, Television, Radio and Broadway, and Billion Dollar Batman. After spending 22 years working in the film industry in Los Angeles, he moved to Chicago, where he teaches scriptwriting and film history classes at the Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago and Columbia College.
- Author(s)Bruce Scivally
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Series TitleFAQ Series
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Content Noteblack and white images throughout
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.