All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA seminal series from a legendary creator. Dragon Ball, a wry update on the Chinese Monkey King myth, introduces us to Son Goku, a young monkey-tailed boy whose quiet life is turned upside-down when he meets Bulma, a girl determined to collect the seven Dragon Balls. If she gathers them all, an incredibly powerful dragon will appear and grant her one wish. But the precious orbs are scattered all over the world, and to get them she needs the help of a certain super-strong boy... Only Goku, Bulma and Kuririn stand between the Red Ribbon Army and the seven Dragon Balls which can grant any wish in the world! Using a submarine loaned by Kame-Sen'nin, the heroic trio explores a pirate's undersea cave in search of the next Dragon Ball, but gun-toting bad guys are on their tail! Dragon Ball, the most famous of legendary manga creator Akira Toriyama's works, was originally serialized in Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1984 to 1995, the series was collected into 42 volumes and quickly became an international bestseller. (In the United States, volumes 1 through 16 were published as Dragon Ball, and volumes 17 through 42 as Dragon Ball Z.) Widely ackwledged as a landmark series, Dragon Ball has been adapted into animated television series, movies, video games, toys and collectibles worldwide.
- Author BiographyRenowned worldwide for his playful, innovative storytelling and humorous, distinctive art style, Akira Toriyama burst onto the manga scene in 1980 with the wildly popular /Dr. Slump/ and followed that with his hit series /Dragon Ball/. He is also known for his design work on video games such as /Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, Tobal No. 1/ and, most recently, /Blue Dragon/. His recent manga works include /COWA!, Kajika, Sand Land, Neko Majin/ and a children's book, /Toccio the Angel/. He lives with his family in Japan.
- Author(s)Akira Toriyama
- PublisherViz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
- Date of Publication03/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Series TitleDragon Ball Vizbig Editions
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintViz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight943 g
- Width149 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Illustrator(s)Akira Toriyama
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.